I'm a bookworm. Always have been. When I was a kid you'd often find my nose stuck in some adventure paperback or thriller. In March of 1979, the year I graduated high school, I saw the almost nuclear meltdown thriller The China Syndrome directed by James Bridges and starring Jane Fonda, Jack Lemmon, and Michael Douglas. Totally captivated I followed my natural pattern of going to the library to check out one fiction and one non-fiction book on the subject of nuclear catastrophe. The closest thing I could find to a novelization of the movie was The Prometheus Crisis by Thomas N. Scortia & Frank M. Robinson. Scortia and Robinson had previously co-written "The Glass Inferno," one of the two books that Irwin Allen's production of "The Towering Inferno" was based on. The other non-fiction book I checked out was We Almost Lost Detroit by John G. Fuller. This is an account of an incident that occurred at Detroit Edison's (Enrico) Fermi-1 n...
Comments
Post a Comment